Blog Archive

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Reflections on the Passion of My Christ

Reflections on the Passion of My Christ

My Elder Brother’s burden is more than I can bear, for I have poured into his cup all the wickedness of my soul.  Yea, that even as he knelt and prayed in the Garden, he beseeched that his cup should pass if our father would but will it.

Nay, his prayers were not that the Romans should withhold the Flagrum- thus to be beaten and striped of men, nor to forestall his crowning of thorns.  Nay, he did not beseech the father that he should sendeth away his tempters who entreated his thirst with vinegar delivered of the Hyssop, or that he stay the spear which lanced him through the side.

My Elder Brother, yea, my Lord, ever only feared what the cup holdeth.  For my Brother knowing only favor of his father, and having walked all his days in the abundance and Majesty of his Father’s Holy Goodness, drank the gall of the most bitter cup; thus to make his grave with the wicked in death.

Wherefore, my Brother’s truest passion, yea, his greatest anguish, was when our Father smote him with the absence of his forsaking and the turning away from his son during the season of his greatest mortal need.

For Behold, no unclean thing can abide within the temple of God.  Wherefore, the temple of God which no man observeth, Yea, even the temple of the only begotten of the Father, that is the heart of the most precious son had crumbled as the Father departed from his throne in Jesus, my Brother.  And lo, the temple crumbled, leaving no stone upon another, his house destroyed, destitute and Fatherless.

My cup having been drunk by my brother aroused the full weight of Righteous justice against him.  Yea, and it pleased my father to bruise him; to put him to grief, for his soul stood as an offering for my sin as prophet Isaiah hath said.

My Elder Brother, my Lord, was smitten on my behalf, received stripes of anguish on my behalf and endured the righteous abandonment of our Father on my behalf.

Yea, my heart is wholly grieved for I hath laid lo the temple of my father in the Heart of his only begotten son.  Indeed, I am my Brothers ruining.

Hear me now, oh my Father, for I know that mercy was not available to Jesus, Nay he suffered the perfect execution of Righteous Justice, for thou are perfect and wholly Just and thy Kingdom faileth not in its Glorious vengeance.  Yet, in my brother I am guiltless for thou receiveth my supplication through mercy where the Christ had none.

Thy temple, O Lord, having been rent in twain, offereth a portion of thy house for mercy-- Mercy for me and all those who believeth on the labor and toiling of thine only begotten.  But, our Brother, our Lord Jesus, had no mercy, for as he hung and the life Passed out of him, his flesh died a sinner-- broken and unforgiven.

Now my Father, know that my heart is broken for I know I can never repay such a debt, but can only rejoice in partaking of its blessing-- A blessing which was wrought by thee from the beginning of time and reckoned in the midst of men to prevail over sin and open thy house unto mercy.  

7-25-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment